xsl-list

Re: [xsl] the future of xslt

2008-06-29 07:08:50
Michael Kay wrote:

But I do think that the level of searching is going to be time-shifted from
the level of usage. Book sales for XML and XSLT are way down from 2000
levels, but usage for both is vastly greater.

Of course, this hardly unique to XML and XSLT. Developer book sales on pretty much everything are way down since 2000. Even new, hot topics that didn't exist in 2000 like Ruby on Rails aren't getting nearly the sales similarly hot topics would have gotten eight or nine years ago.

I'm no longer convinced book sales are a reasonable measure of interest in a technology, even hot new ones, much less old established ones.

--
Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo(_at_)metalab(_dot_)unc(_dot_)edu
Refactoring HTML Just Published!