xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Changing the Attibute Value

2008-07-22 00:02:15
Dear All,

I am really sorry if any of you felt upset due to my mail. I don't want
to dray beyond this because this is not a Place to talk personal things.

Anyway still I didn't get a proper answer for my second question... Is
anyone there to answer..??

Abel, sorry !!

- Buddhi Dananjaya
From Sri- Lanka

-----Original Message-----
From: Abel Braaksma [mailto:abel(_dot_)online(_at_)xs4all(_dot_)nl]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2008 12:22 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Changing the Attibute Value

Buddhi D. Mahindarathne wrote:
First of all thank you, for your valuable answer and time
For the first query I found the answer from your query...

But for the second I am not happy with the answer you provided... I
feel
the thing I have asked is not XSL basics. Please don't discriminate
people here. Hope many comes to here getting other peoples valuable
help. Keep in mind no one knows everything.

I have expertise in so many other areas than XSLT, I am bit new to
this
world. Rather than learning it from kinder garden I came here to get
an
expert answer for my question (I hope you all agree as SW people we
have
very limited time). That is what this kind of forums does.

I too involved in so many forms related to my field and giving answers
to the people who ever, asked for NO COST. (People are born to help
others)

Hope all the above are not related to XSL, Sorry guys... I am really
not
happy the way "Abel" treat the people who comes here...

I appreciate your frankness.

My apologies if I offended you, that was never my attention. But I think

it is quite normal to give a pointer to a tutorial, a book, a reference,

a website or whatever where people can be taught the basics of something

when the basics seems to be the something that is missing. I too have
had pointers to tutorials when other experts found that I was lacking
some basics and I usually was happy about it. If you're not, I'm sorry
about it.

But maybe I was too harsh in my wording. English is not my native tongue

and sometimes I can be a bit strong in my opinion. So once more, my
apologies if I offended you.

In general, and I can only speak for myself here, I answer questions,
basic and advanced, when I feel like it, when I have the time and when
the asker is clear and to the point enough with his or her question. If
the latter is not the case I tend to ask for clarification. Sometimes I
repeatedly do that when my questions are not answered. I believe that's
a good thing because some people just don't know how to formulate a
question correctly, for instance because of lack of understanding of the

terminology involved.

I found your second question very general in nature, hence I pointed to
a tutorial which, imho, explains what you are after.

Your first question was very to the point, hence you got a direct
answer.

Kind regards and no hard feelings,

Cheers,
-- Abel --

PS: hopefully others give you a better "feel" on this list, all in all,
we want everybody to be happy, right?