xsl-list

RE: [xsl] coping with missing external document

2008-07-31 02:33:44

Hi

I'm using Saxon for all XSLT work in the project apart from the pathway into
and out of FrameMaker. Frame has some features which technical authors like
very much, so I need to support it. Unfortunately there appears to be no way
to change the XSL processor which Frame uses, we're stuck with Xalan.

For the moment I've specified that the author must always check the Frame
document (in Frame) for unresolved references before saving it, but it would
be nice if I could fail gracefully and not leave an invalid document behind.

Cheers

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Welch [mailto:andrew(_dot_)j(_dot_)welch(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, 31 July 2008 9:07 p.m.
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] coping with missing external document

The XSL processor is Xalan.

Is there anything I can add to the template, or stylesheet, so that this
situation does not generate a fatal error?

How tightly coupled is the application to Xalan?  If it's using JAXP
then just swap in Saxon instead, and use XSLT 2.0...

Anyone currently using Xalan should think hard about switching to Saxon and
2.0.

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com