xsl-list

RE: [xsl] coping with missing external document

2008-07-31 02:38:37
I'm using Saxon for all XSLT work in the project apart from
the pathway into and out of FrameMaker. Frame has some
features which technical authors like very much, so I need to
support it. Unfortunately there appears to be no way to
change the XSL processor which Frame uses, we're stuck with Xalan.

For the moment I've specified that the author must always
check the Frame document (in Frame) for unresolved references
before saving it, but it would be nice if I could fail
gracefully and not leave an invalid document behind.

If FrameMaker allows you to configure Xalan with a URIResolver then you may
be able to handle the situation at that level, for example by returning a
standard <error/> document when the URI cannot be retrieved.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/