xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XPath problem with namespace attribute

2008-09-05 13:07:15

There is no way to create an XPath query for an empty defined
namespace as in the original XML.

No, of course you can access this XML. The fact that you need to use a
prefix in the XPath expression doesn't mean you need to use one in the XML
source! It's the URI that has to match, not the prefix.

(The way you bind namespace prefixes used in your XPath expression depends
of course on the API you are using to run the XPath expression)

Michael Kay

(The reason I'm looking for such is that I am working with a
vendor that uses the "xmlns" "attribute"(but not really
attribute), but does not specify the namespace prefix.