xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Usage of XSLT in the field of text replacement.

2008-10-10 10:27:02
On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 10:36 AM, J. S. Rawat
<jrawat(_at_)aptaracorp(_dot_)com> wrote:
Actually I want to know whether we can use XSLT in the field to
string manipulation with the help of third file (user define).

Yes this is possible. IMHO, I showcased this with the solution I
posted. XSLT 2.0 is quite powerful in this regard.

If your input is XML (or text file with some regular structure, where
tokenizing is useful) and you need a XML or text output, just use
XSLT.

I think Perl is useful for string handling where you also need access
to system services.

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi