xsl-list

Re: [xsl] want to add node number to sub node

2008-10-17 12:57:50
Thanks for the reminder for why I need to implement our upgrade strategy to match our own upgrade/release cycle. Ahh the history of technology demonstrating the constant friction between engineering and accounting. You could write a book on it... Oh, thats right, many have been written.

My mistake lately is staying in my little circle for a few years. This list is helping me to break out. Thanks all!
Fred

Michael Kay wrote:
re: saxon 8 because we started with it two years ago and don't want to take a chance on an upgrade right now.

A cross-your-fingers strategy that reminds me very much of the lead-up to
the current banking crisis.

Just remember that the longer you delay your upgrade

(a) the more work it will be, because (i) the number of changes to the product will have accumulated,
  (ii) you won't benefit from the fact that there are often aids to
transition, like marking methods as deprecated for a release or two before
removing them)
Etc. clipped for brevity.