xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Identifier attribute (was: Re: [xsl] Creating Hierarchy)

2008-10-17 12:34:32
In all of the XML vocabularies I've designed for clients,
standards and myself the last few years I've been avoiding:

   id=

in favour of:

   xml:id=

ref: http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/REC-xml-id-20050909/

because of the implied semantics.

I haven't run into any hiccoughs in any way by doing so ...
has anyone run into roadblocks or unintended consequences
doing the same?

I agree that's probably best practice nowadays. I don't think you can assume
that every combination of XML parser / XSLT processor will make xml:id
values accessible to the id() function, but then that's true for
DTD-declared ID attributes as well.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/