xsl-list

Re: [xsl] FO: gap between cells in a table

2008-10-21 05:55:14
2008/10/21 Florent Georges <lists(_at_)fgeorges(_dot_)org>:
 Hi

 I have to design a table in XSL FO, and the client would like
to have the overall layout like in the following image:

   http://www.fgeorges.org/tmp/table-headers.png

 My question is about the gap between some of those cells (in
this image between "sub-tables" A, B, C and D, and the cell "Type
of activity".)  While in the "sub-tables" the borders should be
collapsed.

 What is the best approach for this problem?

 I thought to use a table with a gap between its cells and
without borders collapsing, its cells being sub-tabels which have
border-collapse="collapse".  Do you think it is a good idea?  Is
there something easier?  What is the easiest way to set the gap
width between the sub-tables?

A thick plain white cell border that gives the appearance of a gap?

Just a guess...

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com