xsl-list

Re: [xsl] FO: gap between cells in a table

2008-10-21 10:43:27
G. Ken Holman wrote:
At 2008-10-21 14:50 +0200, Florent Georges wrote:
"G. Ken Holman" wrote:

> >   What is the best approach for this problem?

> I would implement the sub-tables as individual tables.

  Thanks for your answer.  I will experiment with this approach.

> Since gaps are table-wide properties, I think embedding tables
> is best

  Which property can I use to set the gap width?

The shorthand is:  border-spacing="<length> <length>?"

 - the first specifies the separation in the inline-progression direction
 - that applies to the block-progression direction unless overridden
   with the second

The longhand is:  border-separation.inline-progression-direction="<length>"
                  border-separation.block-progression-direction="<length>"

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xsl11-20041216/#border-spacing

The lengths specify the distance that separates adjacent cell borders.

If one length is specified, it gives both the horizontal and vertical spacing. If two are specified, the first gives the horizontal spacing and the second the vertical spacing. Lengths may not be negative.

It seems to be a lazy mans charter. Type as much as you need to get
what you want.

http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-xsl11-20041216/#border-separation
lets you name both.

Subtly different, shorthand vs full!