xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Content of Script element getting wrapped by CDATA

2008-10-24 04:39:43
2008/10/24 Joyce Babu <joyce(_at_)joycebabu(_dot_)com>

I am sorry, I was referring to the XML declaration.

In IE6 the presence of the xml prolog will put the browser into quirks
mode, rather than the intended strict mode.

"In Explorer 6 Windows, Microsoft implemented one extra rule: if a
doctype that triggers strict mode is preceded by an xml prolog, the
page shows in quirks mode. This was done to allow web developers to
achieve valid pages (which require a doctype) but nonetheless stay in
quirks mode."

"Note that this behaviour has been removed from Explorer 7."

from: http://www.quirksmode.org/css/quirksmode.html

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com