xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Extensions in AltovaXML

2008-10-30 09:26:10
Maybe even more portable than you might at first imagine. I think I
could even support those in Gestalt without much effort - emulating
the java URI scheme for a few well-known-and-wanted routines.

2008/10/30 Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>:

My impression from reading it was that many simple calls would be directly
portable, for example

<xsl:value-of select="math:sin($x)" xmlns:math="java:java.lang.Math"/>

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: Florent Georges [mailto:lists(_at_)fgeorges(_dot_)org]
Sent: 30 October 2008 12:30
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] Extensions in AltovaXML

Michael Kay wrote:

Nice to see also that they have followed conventions which are very
close to those used by Saxon, meaning that it should be
possible (as
far as I can see from a quick reading) to write stylesheets
that use
Java or .NET extensions and work with both products.

  Unless one has to use product-specific implementation of
the extension (which is likely to be the case.)  Because that
mechanism involves using the qualified class name directly in
the stylesheet, without any kind of indirection.

  (well, I speak for Java at least)

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges