xsl-list

RE: [xsl] XSLT 2.1

2008-10-31 13:39:28
That is, what I propose could have been done, but it would be
a too clumsy road to follow?

I don't think it could have been specified in a way that would pass the
technical scrutiny that is applied to W3C specifications.

(This is not uncommon. Saxon-SA for example implements a try/catch
mechanism. It is much easier to implement this in code than to specify its
behaviour with the level of precision needed to get through the W3C
process.)

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/