xsl-list

[xsl] Entities

2008-11-11 05:09:35
Hi list,
I am involve in a xml to html to xml conversion by xslt and entities conversion is a problematic issue. Below are the steps for conversion. XML INPUT Entities: “ (left double quote), ” (right double quote), – (n dash), and — (m dash) 1. Taking xml input (See XML INPUT Entities), perform a.xsl (sexon/altova any one of them) and getting html output by encoding="UTF-8" (See HTML OUTPUT Entities). HTML OUTPUT Entities: â?? (left double quote), â?? (right double quote), â?? (n dash), and â?? (m dash) 2. Process this html output in a html editor and do the required changes (This editor require UTF-8) 3. Take above modified html and perform b.xsl and retrieve xml again by encoding="iso-8859-1" (See XML OUTPUT). XML OUTPUT Enties: “ (left double quote), ” (right double quote), – (n dash), and — (m dash)

I want the entities should be same as input xml ie. “ for left double quote.

If anybody have any idea, please le me know

Thanks
...JSR