xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Global namespace prefixes (Corrected Examples)

2008-11-14 14:25:03

On Nov 14, 2008, at 11:19 AM, David Carlisle wrote:

Your posted stylesheet should produce this (produced by saxon6) If it
doesn't with your system I'd look into switching engines, saxon's free
you knw:-) although if switching you may as well switch to saxon9 and
xslt3.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
         xmlns:dap="http://xml.opendap.org/ns/DAP/3.2#";
         xmlns:att="http://base.document/  att#">
  <att:dummy/>

<att:Conventions xmlns:att="http://base.document/att#";>CF-1.0</ att:Conventions>

<att:logname xmlns:att="http://base.document/att#";>olson</ att:logname>

  <att:host xmlns:att="http://base.document/att#";>bb0001en</att:host>

</rdf:RDF>

Ouch. That's what I thought should happen, but not what I got.

Your second stylesheet should produce this (again as produced by saxon6)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#";
         xmlns:dap="http://xml.opendap.org/ns/DAP/3.2#";
         xmlns:att="http://base.document/att#";
         att:foo="">

  <att:Conventions>CF-1.0</att:Conventions>

  <att:logname>olson</att:logname>

  <att:host>bb0001en</att:host>

</rdf:RDF>

In this case the xslt 1 spec is quite clear, this second version doesn't
need any extension functions or errata fixes to be be implemented.

Again - that's what I thought should happen, but not what I got.

Thanks for all your help. It looks like I need to change my XSLT engine and then revaluate my xslt code.

Nathan

David