xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XTRE1160: The fragment identifier {62;n} is not a valid NCName

2008-11-19 12:05:25
2008/11/19 Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>:
Saxon isn't 100% conformant in its handling of fragment identifiers, though
it's a pretty fuzzy area and I'm not sure it really affects the outcome in
this case. The reality is that when URIs are processed using the JAXP
URIResolver concept, Saxon has no knowledge of a media type, so it cannot
interpret a fragment identifier in a way that depends on the media type, and
it therefore treats it as an NCName irrespective of the actual media type.

But the root cause of the problem is that the "#" in the URI, if it is to be
interpreted as an ordinary character, should have been escaped as %23.
Except that in this case, the error is deeper, in that "&amp;#62;" should
have been "&#62;".

Thanks - do I take it from that then, that it's not really feasible to
pass the kind of dubious double-escaped markup you get in RSS feeds to
the URIResolver using the data: scheme?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com