xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSLT grouping(?) issue

2008-12-22 05:37:58
The problem is solvable with XSLT, provided your input XML
is well
formed. But your input is not a valid XML document.

for e.g., <Id=1/> is not a valid XML fragment, and
XML parser
complains about it.

My mistake, I apologize. When I simplified my XML I made it more bad formed
than it really is...

<Orders>
  <StartOrderGroup>
    <Id>1</Id>
  </StartOrderGroup>
  <Car>
    <Id>2</Id>
  </Car>
  <Car>
    <Id>3</Id>
  </Car>
  <Bus>
    <Id>4</Id>
  </Bus>
  <EndOrderGroup>
    <Id>5</Id>
  </EndOrderGroup>
  <Car>
    <Id>6</Id>
  </Car>
  <Truck>
    <Id>7</Id>
  </Truck>
  <StartOrderGroup>
    <Id>8</Id>
  </StartOrderGroup>
  <Truck>
    <Id>9</Id>
  </Truck>
  <EndOrderGroup>
    <Id>10</Id>
  </EndOrderGroup>
</Orders>

That's at least valid XML :)
You've given me hope by saying it is solvable. Will this new XML-fragment allow
you to show me how? That would basically save christmas for me...

Regards

Fredde