xsl-list

Re: [xsl] FO border-end-width conditionality discard

2009-01-29 05:36:54
At 2009-01-27 10:15 -0700, Karl Stubsjoen wrote:
I understand your proposed solution, however I've misrepresented my
case.  Let me try again...

(begin report)
page-sequence
  block 1px solid border
  block 1px solid border
  block 1px solid border
  block 1px solid border
(implicit page break occurs)
  block 1px solid border
  block 1px solid border
(implicit page break occurs)
  block 1px solid border
(end of report)

So now, 2 cases would occur that the line for the last block would be omitted:
1) before each implicit page break

If the page break occurs *within* the block, then the default is already to discard an implicit block boundary. One can set the conditionality to retain the implicit block boundary, but I know that is not what you want.

If the page break occurs after the edge of the block, I cannot think of any properties available to suppress it.

2) at the end of the report

That would be in your XSLT by detecting the last construct that creates the block.

(which actually brings me to a 3rd more complex case

3rd Case:
In the case where just a single block occurs for the last page, it
might be desirable to keep the line for the block so long that the
last block on the last page of the report (page-sequence) is not close
to the bottom of the page.  In otherwords, keep the line if the block
is more to the top of the page, and lose the line if the block is near
the bottom of the page.
Is there someway to to achieve this?

Not your concept of "nearness" ... I can't think of any XSL-FO to help you there. And in your XSLT you don't know where the implicit page breaks are going to be.

--
Upcoming hands-on XSLT, UBL & code list hands-on training classes:
Brussels, BE 2009-03;  Prague, CZ 2009-03, http://www.xmlprague.cz