xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XSL-FO: Background text spanned on several table cells

2009-02-19 13:19:14

Tony Graham wrote:
On Thu, Feb 19 2009 16:44:07 +0000, lists(_at_)fgeorges(_dot_)org wrote:
G. Ken Holman wrote:

  Hi Tony,

  Unfortunately I don't.  Depending on the length of the
text within them, the height of the spanned rows can vary.
So if I understand correctly what you've said, it is not
possible to achieve this goal in plain XSL-FO, is it?

Firstly, if you hadn't wanted one "DRAFT" over multiple cells,
you could have the "background-image" property on every cell
that is in the draft state.

  Yes, or even the way Ken proposed, as the vertical alignment
of "DRAFT" is not that important.

Secondly, this achieves the desired effect when using Antenna
House:

  I maybe missed something, but it seems that this is what Ken
proposed, using block-progression-dimension.  But as I don't
know the height of the spanned rows (because the text can be on
several lines within each row,) I think I can't use this
technique.

  But as I said, I maybe missed the point.

  Regards,

--
Florent Georges
http://www.fgeorges.org/