xsl-list

Re: [xsl] getting combo value,not textbox value

2009-03-05 09:17:28
The best way to get help on a complex question such as yours is to break it into smaller pieces.

First, work out exactly what you want to be produced by the transform under the various circumstances. This might be HTML, a script, some combination of these, or some other file format. (This is not the place to get advice on that; it is out of scope for XSL-List).

Second, AFTER you know exactly what your desired output should be, ask for any help you need producing that output here. Include, in your email posting (not as attachments) very small examples of your input data, your desired output, and the XSL you are having trouble with. (Remember that any data you post to XSL-List will be archived in public; don't include anything that should be private.)

I hope that helps.

-- Tommie

Hello,
I am not asking about HTML,HTML script is proper.
I think that it has to do with XML file.

This is another similar example.

If I am having 1 entry,then form.submit is not working.

<tracks>

    <one>
          <label>machine name</label>
          <desc>specify machine name</desc>
    </one>
 </tracks>

and if I am having 2nd,though blank entry,then form.submit works.

<tracks>

    <one>
          <label>machine name</label>
          <desc>specify machine name</desc>
    </one>
    <one>
    </one>
</tracks>

This is the XSL file for this.
<xsl:template match="tracks">

        <xsl:apply-templates/>
 </xsl:template>

<xsl:template match="one">
    <form name="form1" method="POST" action="one.cgi">
            <xsl:value-of select="label"/>
            <xsl:value-of select="desc"/>
             <xsl:if test="label = 'machine name'">
                  <input type="text" name="machinename" value="">
                  </input>

             </xsl:if>
   </form>
    <script>

        document.form1.submit();
    </script>
</xsl:template>
If I move 'form' segment to template 'record',then also submit doesnt work.

Should I attach my XML,XSL,CGI files here.

On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 2:58 PM, Ronan Klyne
<ronan(_dot_)klyne(_at_)groupbc(_dot_)com> wrote:

 himanshu padmanabhi wrote:
 > Thank you for replying.
 >
 > I Moved the script element inside of the body.Still submit is not
 > working and I am not getting any error from browser/firebug.So I am
 > really confused now what I am missing here.the same code submits the
 > form If I execute it as HTML.

 Using the HTML below, both parameters are submitted.

 In future, please only use this XSL list to ask questions about XSL, not
 HTML.
 If you want to know how to use XSL to generate some specific HTML, we
 will be very happy to help you work through your problem, but this is
 not the right list for questions about HTML, Javascript, or Perl.

 ==== HTML follows =======

 <head>
 </head>
 <form name="form1" method="POST" action="one.cgi">

 </form>
 <script type="text/javascript">
    document.form1.submit();
 </script>

 --
 Ronan Klyne
 Business Collaborator Developer
 > Tel: +44 01189 028518
 ronan(_dot_)klyne(_at_)groupbc(_dot_)com
 www.groupbc.com

 --~--

--
Regards,
Himanshu Padmanabhi

--~--

B. Tommie Usdin
mailto:btusdin(_at_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com