xsl-list

RE: [xsl] A colon is not allowed in the name

2009-03-25 04:01:33

XSLT will only handle input that is well-formed XML conforming to the
Namespaces recommendation. So if you can't change the input to be
well-formed, then you can't use XSLT.

Of course, you could tackle it by preprocessing in a non-XML technology such
as Perl, and then using XSLT.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

-----Original Message-----
From: SINGH Navpreet [mailto:navpreet(_dot_)singh(_at_)baesystems(_dot_)com]
Sent: 25 March 2009 04:25
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] A colon is not allowed in the name

Hi,

I am transforming xml to PDF using FOP with
"javax.xml.transform.Transformer". Transformer results into
an error when it tries to transform following element.

<header type="new">
       <?QM: GENERATOR [Ref] 10055: ParaHeading:
NEW?>Generate New Data </header>

Here is the error:

ERROR:  'A colon is not allowed in the name 'QM:' when
namespaces are enabled.'

I cannot delete the <?QM: GENERATOR [Ref] 10055: ParaHeading:
NEW?> part of xml. So how can I overcome this parsing problem.

Thanks,
Navpreet.

Disclaimer :
The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are
intended only for the person or entity to which this e-mail
is addressed.  If you are not, or believe you may not be, the
intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately by
return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.
The Company does not warrant nor guarantee that this email
communication is free from errors, virus, interception or
interference.

--~--