xsl-list

RE: [xsl] A colon is not allowed in the name

2009-03-25 21:02:19
Hi Michael,
This thread's discussion heads in another direction. Just want to
clarify it finally.

My xml does not have any namespace declaration, only the xsl file has
it.

So when I try to generate PDF out of it with
"javax.xml.transform.Transformer", Transformer parses the xsl file and
not the xml file. But error causing line is in xml (<?QM: GENERATOR
[Ref] 10055: ParaHeading: NEW?> ) not in xsl. So why am I getting the
error.

Thanks,
Navpreet.

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, 26 March 2009 8:29 AM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] A colon is not allowed in the name

Just wondering, if there is a way to disable the namespace
awareness while parsing the xml document, using
"javax.xml.transform.Transformer".

I think some XML parsers probably still allow you to parse
non-namespace-aware XML, if you set the right switches. But
javax.xml.transform.Transformer is not an interface to XML parsers, it
is an
interface to XSLT processors, and XSLT requires namespace-well-formed
input.

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/

--~--

Disclaimer :
The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are intended only
for the person or entity to which this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not,
or believe you may not be, the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies.
The Company does not warrant nor guarantee that this email communication is free
from errors, virus, interception or interference.