xsl-list

Re: [xsl] interating through tree structure

2009-03-31 09:31:20
Hopefully someone can help me with something that I thought was going to be
straight forward but has been giving me a few problems!

I don't see any code in this message.

For generic operations on a tree one can use the FXSL function

     f:foldl-tree()

http://fxsl.cvs.sourceforge.net/viewvc/fxsl/fxsl-xslt2/f/func-foldl-tree.xsl?revision=1.1&view=markup

Here is the test for this function:

This transformation:

<xsl:stylesheet version="2.0"
xmlns:f="http://fxsl.sf.net/";
exclude-result-prefixes="f"

    <xsl:import href="../f/func-foldl-tree.xsl"/>
    <xsl:import href="../f/func-Operators.xsl"/>

   <!-- This transformation must be applied to:
        ../data/numTree.xml

        Expected result: 66
    -->
    <xsl:output method="text"/>

    <xsl:template match="/">
      <xsl:value-of select="f:foldl-tree(f:add(), f:add(), 0, /*)"/>
    </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

when applied on this XML document:

<nums tree-nodeLabel="01">
  <num tree-nodeLabel="02">01</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="03">02</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="04">03</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="05">04</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="06">05</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="07">06</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="08">07</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="09">08</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="10">09</num>
  <num tree-nodeLabel="11">10</num>
</nums>

produces the wanted result:

66

--
Cheers,
Dimitre Novatchev

On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 3:18 AM, jim mcgovern
Hopefully someone can help me with something that I thought was going to be
straight forward but has been giving me a few problems!

I'm trying to generate site navigation from an xml file which is pretty much
as below:-

The above is a snapshot as it can go down "n" levels.  If I'm at page6 then
my navigation needs to be:-

 dir1
 dir2
 dir4

 dir5
 dir6

What I'm having difficulty with is how to close the opening ul and open a new
ul when I'm a directory up from the directory level I'm actully on.

A stripped down but working version of What I'm trying is:-

Can anyone advise me on how to achieve the formatting where I have 2 sets of
ULs? Any pointers much appreciated.

Jim
--~--