xsl-list

RE: [xsl] AltovaXML bugs? (and other engines)

2009-04-01 17:53:32
Michael,

I think I get what you're asking. For public specifications (like those offered
by the W3C), there should be a common flow to conformance testing:
- run the implementation with the test document as the input
- compare the result against the expected test result
- repeat for all tests in the package

And it seems like that could be automated to some extent. Is that automated
process the "framework" you are alluding to? If so, I'm also curious as to
whether or not one exists! The Acid tests for CSS take that framework for
granted, since it is, after all, the browser rendering the test. Where else do
you think we could look for such a framework, if the W3C doesn't have a
publicly available one? (I'm coming up short for ideas on who else provides
public specifications for other companies to implement.)

It'd be nice if we could find or create an external one (for XSLT 2.0 engines
and some XSLT 1.0 engines, which largely reside as their own executable files),
and one that runs in the browser (for the XSLT 1.0 engines provided as part of
a browser, like Transformiix and Opera).

~ Scott