xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Placing an element in a very specific position

2009-04-30 07:43:50
At 2009-04-30 08:43 +0200, Anders(_dot_)Svensson(_at_)sorman(_dot_)com wrote:
Thanks for your help, I'll look into your suggestion just out of
curiosity, but the confirmation of my suspicions from several sources
tell me I should really tell the client to accept that they have to live
without this.

Fine ... but if that hole at the top of the third column is always a fixed size, then the scheme I outlined should work without fail. No need to compromise the specification ... especially if you need to compromise the specification later for something you *really* cannot do.

I find in many projects there are always things the customer is used to seeing with formatting processes tightly tied to transformation that need to be given up when using the arms-length processes of XSL-FO. If I can give them as much as possible, then they are less reluctant to give up something I cannot at all satisfy.

Sorry I can't say hi to Mats for you, he's no longer with Sorman.

Thanks for letting me know.

Good luck with your project!

Anders
 PS: I'm new to this list... Am I replying to posts correctly by cutting
out everything but the message I'm replying to and then pasting the
subject of that message into the subject line when replying to a digest
mail?

Absolutely good of you to do so when working with digest mail. Thank you for being considerate.

--
XSLT/XSL-FO/XQuery hands-on training - Los Angeles, USA 2009-06-08
G. Ken Holman                 mailto:gkholman(_at_)CraneSoftwrights(_dot_)com