xsl-list

[xsl] XSLT interacting with Javascript

2009-06-02 13:19:26

I have a single html page start with random information on it, then replaces a
takes my XSL and XML file and transforms it fine but when I want to add more
javascript to using my xsl file it puts the javascript in the html page code
but is not runnable. I have tried a bunch of things to get the javascript to
work but nothing seems to work. Only the html pages javascript works. I am
trying to get this to work on Firefox.

Heres the code. In this example, the button that is on the screen does not
work, and the error console says the function is not defined. I have tried
putting CDATA tag around the javascript, and tried setting trythis=function()
but none of that worked.

HTML Page

<head>
<script>
function displayResult()
{
// code for IE
if (window.ActiveXObject)
  {
       **** TRYING ON FIREFOX FIRST*****************
  }

 // code for Mozilla, Firefox, Opera, etc.
  else if (document.implementation && document.implementation.createDocument)
{

    xml=document.implementation.createDocument("","",null);
    xml.async=false;
    xml.load("test.xml");

    xsl = document.implementation.createDocument("","",null);
    xsl.async=false;
    xsl.load("newer.xsl");

    var xsltProcessor=new XSLTProcessor();
    xsltProcessor.importStylesheet(xsl);
    xsltProcessor.setParameter(null,"type","html");
    xsltProcessor.setParameter(null,"type2","java");

    var result= xsltProcessor.transformToDocument(xml);
    var serial= new XMLSerializer();
    var out= serial.serializeToString(result.documentElement);
    var output= document.getElementById("example");
    output.innerHTML=out;

}
}
</script>
<title>Another Test Page </title>
</head>

XSL file

<xsl:param name="type"/>
<xsl:param name="type2"/>
<xsl:output method="html"/>
<xsl:template match="/">

                <xsl:apply-templates select="page/content"/>

</xsl:template>
        <xsl:template match="content">

         <xsl:if test="$type2 = 'java'">
                <script type="text/javascript">
                function trythis(){
                        alert("IT WORKS!")
                }
                </script>
          </xsl:if>

          <xsl:if test="$type = 'html'">
                <h2> Heres a Page </h2>
                <input type="button" value='try' onclick='trythis()'/>

          </xsl:if>

        </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>