xsl-list

[xsl] global types - controlying repetitions with a temp var?

2009-06-15 07:58:42

Hello,

Im creating an xml schema using xsl 1.0. In this schema I can have, at the same
level, repetition of elements names. At the same time, Im creating restrictions
to this elements. Because of that, Im getting errors saying that the same
elements must be of the same type (the type is the same, but because it is
custom, the parser sees them as different...).

To solve this I am creating global level types, and then refer to them as the
types of my elements. The problem here is that Im looping a xml file looking
for all the restrictions (and thus types) I should create, and while looping I
will be creating the same types more than one time to my final schema.

What I would like would be to create just one type for each restriction. To
accomplish that, I would like to have a sort of temp variable where I would
write the types Im creating, so that before creating each type, I would search
that variable and see if the type was already created.

Is this possible? Is there any other way to accomplish this?

Thank you