xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Want to print elements/attrib specified by an XPath that is passed as a param

2009-06-16 19:03:49
Let's make sure that "eval" (or similar) is included in the
next XSLT
revision.

  This would be useful indeed.  Maybe a good way to improve
our chances to see it in a further revision is to write a
formal specification and implement it in several processors.
You are more than welcome to join EXPath
<http://www.expath.org/> and propose something.

  The key point, I think, is to define it precisely regarding
the static and dynamic contexts.

We're working on a specification for XSLT 2.1. The key insight was that you
can give much more control over the static and dynamic context if you make
it an instruction rather than a function; for example you can use child
<with-param> elements to bind variables referenced in the dynamic
expression.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/