xsl-list

[xsl] redirect output of transformation

2009-06-17 09:35:16
(not sure if this is the right list for this; please redirect me if not):

I am trying to convince my transformer to write its output to a service running on HTTP, but when I set the output base-uri to my http service, it continues to try to write to the filesystem.

I tried:

java -jar saxon-8.7.jar -o http://charlestown/rest-service test.xml test.xsl

and get:

java.io.FileNotFoundException:
 /proj/test/http:/charlestown/rest-service (No such file or directory)

... reading an old e-mail thread I came across something called OutputURIResolver in Saxon, and I was looking at trying to make use of that by handing it a resolver and implementing my own version of the JAXP Result interface, but that interface has only a couple of methods, neither of which seems to accept a stream or a string or anything that looks like the result of a transformation.

can someone tell me if this is possible, and if so, what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Mike Sokolov