xsl-list

Re: [xsl] redirect output of transformation

2009-06-18 16:44:06
By the way - thanks for your suggestion: I was finally able to get this working (calling from Java).

As it turns out, I know the base uri and can impose it externally when the stream is written, so that was all a red herring. I needed to fiddle w/OutputURIResolver, recording the uri as the result's systemId so it would be available later (in close()) to be written to the appropriate location. If I were truly clever, I could have set the stream up to do all that work I guess, but it was easier to grab its entire output and write it out again, at the cost of some buffering.

-Mike Sokolov

Michael Kay wrote:
It's a processor-specific question, so you should really ask on the Saxon
list (saxon-help list or forum at sourceforge).

You can supply a JAXP StreamResult that encapsulates an OutputStream, and if
you can construct an OutputStream that writes to your HTTP destination then
the problem is solved.

You can't do this from the command line though. The -o option is always
treated as a filename.

Incidentally, Saxon 8.7 is getting a bit elderly.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay