xsl-list

RE: [xsl] RE: What are the differences between the different Saxon 9.2 versions and 9.1 (B) <----> 9.2 (HE) ?

2009-08-07 06:58:28
 Michael Kay wrote:

 http://snelson.org.uk/~jpcs/higher-order-functions.html

Thank you for the link.

Any reason why the subtyping relation is invariant for the
argument types instead of being more generally contravariant?

Sorry, I'm not in with the jargon. Can you explain the question?

On a side note, am I right to feel that the evolution of XSLT
lies nowadays mainly with XPath?

There's clearly a tension here, given that we have a two-language system, we
always have to decide where it's best to put the functionality. Most of the
new streaming features for XSLT 2.1 end up being at the XSLT level, whereas
the support for higher-order-functions looks as if it will be almost
entirely in XPath.

Generally, there's relatively little pressure to extend XPath now: this is
probably the most significant change we'll see. Most changes now involve
adding new functions to the function library, or new instructions at the
XSLT level.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/