xsl-list

Re: [xsl] outputting an ampersand in an attribute

2009-08-07 18:26:56
Thank you, gentlemen, for your generous input.

These glyphs are not intended to map to actual unicode characters, but rather
to represent custom glyph characters. The character entities are really acting
as symbolic links between references made in <svg:text> or <svg:tspan> elements
and the <svg:glyph>s which define the character's shape.

For this reason I needed to maintain the numeric character references in the
output, so Liam's comment about downgrading the output encoding was key.

(It also shed some light for me on character encoding in general...)

Thanks again!

Tom