xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Problem installing libxsltmod-1.5a

2009-09-14 18:22:05
Jaap van Arragon schrieb am 14.09.2009 um 08:04:21 (+0200):

I am having difficulties installing the libxsltmod-1.5a package.

Looks like this is a Python extension for LibXSLT. Build problems for
implementations are rather off-topic here.

I¹ve tried to install it trough easy_install but it failed at the
following errors:

libxsltmod.c:28:30: error: libxml/xmlmemory.h: No such file or directory
[...]

Not so easy after all ...

apt-get install libxml2-dev libxslt-dev

Good.

It seems it can¹t find the files so I¹ve added the /usr/include and
/usr/lib to the path but it didn¹t mattered.

They should be in the include path. Does the directory
/usr/include/libxml exist? If so, do the header files exist?

Might be some build script problem. Maybe you just need to create a
symlink. I'd ask in a Python forum, or on the LibXSLT mailing list.

--
Michael Ludwig