xsl-list

RE: [xsl] How did you learn XSL?

2009-09-15 12:16:25
-----Original Message-----
From: Liam Quin [mailto:liam(_at_)w3(_dot_)org]
Sent: Thursday, September 03, 2009 4:47 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: [xsl] How did you learn XSL?

What resources were most useful to you in learning XSL?

If books or tutorials, which ones?  Or if a course, whose?
Name names :-)

The first book I bought was Evan Lenz's XSLT 1.0 Pocket Reference.
It contains an amazingly concise condensation of XSLT that got
me started and made clear the inverted nature (push vs pull)
of XSL processing.  That, plus a lot of experimentation with
Oxygen/XML's debugging tools :-)

For reference I use Michael Kay's XSLT/XPath 2.0 4th edition,
which is encyclopedic AND extremely well written.