xsl-list

[xsl] XSL-FO beginner's question

2009-09-28 16:43:06
Gentlemen,

I am having difficulty breaking into the complexities of FO and have an
assignment at work which is proving daunting. THis list has helped me so much
with XSL that I thought someone here would indulge me in a simple start-up
question.

Here goes. I have some XML and an XSL-FO style sheet which generates exactly
one page of dynamic content transformed from the xml. It itself includes
another stylesheet which dynamically generates an undefinined number of pages
to follow the first page. These work fine and I do not wish to change them (!).
My task is deceptively simple for me. I have to augment the first driver
stylesheet to allow for the inclusion of another XSL-FO stylesheet which should
generate exactly one page of purely static text, which must be the last page of
the entire PDF.

Can anyone give me the most basic start-off template for this last, static
page, and how to include it to assure the correct positioning at the end? I am
overwhelmed with the detail that FO affords and cannot seem to find a simple
start framework from which I can add all the fancy formatting it will
eventually evolve into. In SPY, I cannot even get this page to show up, much
less position correctly at the end.
Once I have a framework that will transform, I feel confident that I will be
able to take it from there.....

Thanks in advance.

Mark Bordelon