xsl-list

[xsl] XSLT for XSL-FO internal-destination

2009-11-19 14:45:51
I’m combining many XHTML online help files into one large PDF with FOP and am
wondering what kind of transform I need to write to handle anchors like this:

These types of links simply point from one help file page to another. When I
combine these XHTML files into a book, these links in the new document need to
be redirected to an internal destination inside the PDF (in other words, to the
first line of the content of the file that used to be external but is now
internal to the PDF).

None of the help system files have the filename in the <TITLE> or anywhere else
in the file, so I’m not able to use the generate-id function to create a
target. Is there some other way I can redirect this external anchor to a
location inside my combined PDF?

Here are two sample files. How would you handle the anchor in “File_One.htm”
that points to “File_Two.htm” when both files end up in the same combined PDF?

File_One.htm

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <head>
       <title> </title>