xsl-list

[xsl] Re: XSLT filter syntax advice?

2009-11-26 14:46:11
you wrote:
It's remarkable how many people write to forums like this saying that their
code isn't working, but don't show us the code. This makes it very hard to
see where people are going wrong, where their conceptual blocks are that
need to be put right. I suspect that in some cases people are shy of showing
their code because they fear it will be ridiculed, but a sign of a good
programmer is that they positively welcome feedback and criticism of their
code, and take it on board - it's by far the best way of improving your
knowledge and skills (that was a fantastic discovery when I started writing
open source code ten years ago).

If you don't know where to start, that's a different matter. But if you've
tried something and it didn't give the answer you expected, then show us
what you tried, and let us explain it.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay

... And sometimes people who quickly type mesg just forget to include
things. It happens.
What is remarkable to me is the need for some people to reply to a
large group just to be heard making note of others mistakes - but
adding no value.

I suspect that they do this out of a need for attention an approval
more than the desire to create email spam. Forum trolls operate much
the same way. I suppose though it may also stem from an inflated sense
of self worth. Such people most likely enjoy referring to themselves
in the third person.

Food for thought perhaps.
Happy thanksgiving.
Doug