xsl-list

RE: [xsl] space was stripping

2009-12-17 08:13:21
Hi Michael,

Thank you, can you suggest any other different browser.

Thanks,
Selva

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Kay [mailto:mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com]
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2009 3:38 PM
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: RE: [xsl] space was stripping

I guess you are using Microsoft MSXML (or Internet Explorer). This is a
well-known "bug" in this product. You can get around it if you invoke the
MSXML parser explicitly from Javascript (there's an option to suppress
space-stripping), but the default when you just use the xml-stylesheet
processing instruction is to strip whitespace between elements. It's a pain,
the only real solution is to use a different browser. (Or, if you can change
your source XML, use a non-breaking space).

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay