xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT

2010-01-02 09:38:25
On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 14:56 +0000, Michael Kay wrote:
Well, a lot depends on your detailed requirements and on where you are
starting from (in both technology and skills)
I'm doing a lot of reading today. Do you mean my ability to manipulate
the XML using other programming tools or languages, specifically C and
Javascript on the client side?

, but my preferred target
architecture would probably be: use XSLT server-side to generate HTML, CSS
to render the HTML, and XForms to handle the user interaction. Using XSLT
client-side is viable, but I don't see many benefits over using it
server-side.
My use client side would be for minimizing data transfer. Not that it
would be anything heavy duty. My test case was a simple restaurant menu
that showed sandwiches on one page and salads on another. The displays
are the same with only the names of the items, prices, descriptions
being different. I could do the same using XHR and javascript to write
to the DOM but client side XSLT does that part as well so I question if
I am missing something.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/