xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Modern web site design with XML and XSLT

2010-01-05 14:38:17
On Tue, 2010-01-05 at 13:10 -0700, Eric J. Bowman wrote:

Some accuse me of being a purist, but I say this is pragmatism.  Yes,
it's harder to follow correct Web architecture, but there are definite
consequences when one goes astray (encoding mismatches and privilege
escalation).  I'm glad there aren't very many such systems out there,
otherwise the importance of legacy support might outweigh the
importance of the Web's security architecture.  The point being, will
an architecture using the w3schools approach still function in new
browsers in two years?  Five?  I don't have that concern if I'm
conforming with native Web architecture.

-Eric
Here, here!