xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Unparsed-text-available returns true for XML files, so how do I distinguish XML files?

2010-01-03 12:21:41
yep, or (if you are using Saxon) just call the collection() function
with each extension that you can handle.

2010/1/3 Mark Wilson <mark(_at_)knihtisk(_dot_)org>:
I use base-uri(/)  and the sub-string functions to distinguish file type.
Mark

From: "Brian Newman" <brian(_dot_)newman(_at_)nssplus(_dot_)com>
Sent: Sunday, January 03, 2010 8:47 AM
To: <xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com>
Subject: [xsl] Unparsed-text-available returns true for XML files, so how do
I distinguish XML files?

I've got a situation where I've got a number of files I need to transform.
I don't know what kind of files they are going to be (they are anything from
an enumerated list of file types, but can be anything from .mdb to .sql to
.xml to .xls and so on).  So, I need to test the file type and then process
them accordingly.
I thought the way to do this was to have unparsed-text() handle unparsed
text and have document() handle everything else - by attaching the
appropriate URI Resolver.  Then, if unparsed-text-available() returns true,
I can send the file data to a named template to handle appropriately and if
document-available() returns true, I can send to a matched template to do
what it needs to do.
But, I've just discovered that unparsed-text-available() will return true
for xml files.  So, I don't know how to distinguish within my xslt which
files are unparsed and which ones aren't.
I could use some guidance here, please.

--~--

--~--

--