xsl-list

Re: [xsl] are all strings in a sequence valid potential QNames

2010-02-04 10:47:03
As has been told, "castable as" is not correct for this use case. As
Mike suggests, I'll also go for a regex solution.

I would disagree, "castable as" is absolutely the correct approach in
this case (creating element names based on some input).

However, it's not possible because of the (imho) unnecessary
restriction in the spec, so you are forced to fall back to a regex
based solution.

Currently even NCNames fail the castable xs:QName test, which has to be wrong.

Hopefully this could be looked at for 2.1...?

--
Andrew Welch
http://andrewjwelch.com