xsl-list

Re: [xsl] global language parameter

2010-02-13 19:18:40
Martin Honnen wrote:

I'm taking my first stab at making a global parameter, through which I'd like to set font attributes for character sets of different languages. I'm using TEI-P5 with XSL 2, and I want my parameter to work with xml:lang.

It tried writing this way:

<xsl:template name="languageWrap">
   <xsl:param name="contents">
     <xsl:apply-templates/>
   </xsl:param>

I am not sure I understand what you want to achieve without seeing the input XML and the output you want to create but your text above says "making a global" parameter while here you are defining a parameter that is local to your template named "languageWrap".

A global parameter is defined as a child of the xsl:stylesheet element, not inside of a template, and is used to allow to pass in a value to the transformation that can be changed each time the transformation is run.

Ken's response, together with this, exposes the fact that I don't really know what I am doing here.

Perhaps I am using the wrong terminology? Or attempting something that can't be done?

Regards,

Chuck

-------------------

A. Charles Muller

University of Tokyo
Graduate School of Humanities and Sociology, Faculty of Letters
Center for Evolving Humanities
Akamon kenkyū tō #722
7-3-1 Hongō, Bunkyō-ku
Tokyo 113-0033, Japan