xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Is it possible to set the default namespace with a dynamically-generated namespace uri?

2010-03-12 13:26:37
On 12/03/2010 19:15, Dimitre Novatchev wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#element-namespace
>>
>> If the effective value  of the name attribute is a zero-length string, a
>> namespace node is added for the default namespace.
>>

>> so
>>
>> <foo>
>> <xsl:namespace name="" select="$x"/>
>>
>> sets the default namespace to the uri in the variable x.
>>
>> David
>

> David, I tried this hours before asking the question.
>
> Saxon raises this error:

er because I got it wrong, sorry, I should have checked or known or something.

You can add namespace nodes using xsl:namespace but you can't change the namespace of a node that's already been created so
<foo>
<xsl;namespace name=""

doesn't work.

<xsl:element name="foo" namespace="$x"