xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Is it possible to set the default namespace with a dynamically-generated namespace uri?

2010-03-12 17:39:00
I thought this wasn't a bug in Saxon. Or is it?

No, it's not a bug. You have already created the foo element with the name
("", foo). Adding a namespace node can't change the name of its parent
element, and an element named ("", foo) can't have a namespace node that
binds prefix "" to URI "bar".

The answer is to put the element foo in the right namespace at the time you
create it.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay

This answer seems too abstract. A working example would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dimitre

On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>
David, I tried this hours before asking the question.

Saxon raises this error:

SystemID: D:\XSLT\MSTE_xslt\delete.xsl
Severity: fatal
namespace when the element is in no namespace Start location: 9:0

I thought this wasn't a bug in Saxon. Or is it?

No, it's not a bug. You have already created the foo element with the name
("", foo). Adding a namespace node can't change the name of its parent
element, and an element named ("", foo) can't have a namespace node that
binds prefix "" to URI "bar".

The answer is to put the element foo in the right namespace at the time you
create it.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/