xsl-list

Re: [xsl] exslt random:random-sequence() and Math:random()

2010-03-18 14:45:43
Thanks again Michael. My requirement is that I want to generate unique
random numbers only for a node. I know generate-id() generate unique
ids for a node. But its not all numeric. It is alpha numeric. I have
been reading some old issues in the list and one Abel had written
something about being able to use generate-id() although I think the
issue was generating sequential numbers in XSLT.

(Ref:
http://markmail.org/message/4zxb654yeaf5twnv#query:+page:1+mid:uryukocvwy6oqnuc+state:results)

So can I somehow use generate-id() to get all numeric unique random
ids for a node? Is that even possible?

On Thu, Mar 18, 2010 at 9:20 AM, Michael Kay <mike(_at_)saxonica(_dot_)com>