xsl-list

Re: [xsl] FO checkbox from 2 inline ZapfDingbat characters

2010-03-23 04:24:01
On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 10:26:03 +0200
Jacobus Reyneke <jacobusreyneke(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> wrote:

Hi Dave,

I think what Karl means is that he wants to put one character on top
of the other, ie a check mark onto a square, rather than between two
characters. I don't know how this is done, but here are some
alternatives:

Trust Unicode... or listen to Chris on the fop list.
Try U+2611, BALLOT BOX WITH CHECK, or U+2612, BALLOT BOX WITH X.

GIYF

An SVG image may be a good way to go if you really need fancy drop
shadow effects etc. I'm a novice with XSL-FO, but I have found SVG to
be a good alternative for floating objects in XSL-FO.

Dave, is there any reason one should avoid SVG or is it o.k. to mix
and match it with XSL-FO?

No, I can only see SVG usage increasing in xsl-fo in the future.
It is so useful.

HTH

--

regards