xsl-list

Re: [xsl] Re: UTF characters

2010-03-31 07:42:13
Siddhi Thakkar wrote:

Here is an example of the query asked earlier, suppose I have two paragraphs:

PARA1: <p>INTRODUCTION- This is plain text</p>
PARA2: <p>INTRODUCTION- This is text with UTF character Ω </p>

AND if write something like:
<xsl:template match="p">
   <xsl:if test="contains(text(),'INTRODUCTION')">
       <!--do something-->
   </xsl:if>
</xsl:template>
Both the paragraphs will enter this xsl:if loop. Similarly, I would like to write a function or template which enters the xsl:if loop only if it comes across a UTF character, and please note that the input can have any UTF from its generic family.

What's an "UTF character" exactly?

--

        Martin Honnen
        http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/