xsl-list

RE: [xsl] Re: UTF characters

2010-03-31 09:10:50

Well, I thought I had seen the lot with character coding issues: but it
seems that by quoting your text including the Omega character, the backslash
that I typed was converted to a W with an overlaid horizontal bar - at
least, that's how it appears to me. (It also put my message into a rather
odd font.)

If anyone can work out why this happened, I would be fascinated to know! I'm
using Outlook 2003 as my mail client (don't ask me why....)

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/
http://twitter.com/michaelhkay

It seems you are using "UTF" to mean an "unusual" character,
in some sense of the word.

Try:

<xsl:if test="matches(text(), '\P{IsBasicLatin}')">

However, it would be nice to know what you want to do
differently if this condition is true. If we knew, we might
be able to suggest a better approach.

Regards,

Michael Kay
http://www.saxonica.com/