xsl-list

Re: [xsl] XPath discovery tool?

2010-04-25 08:40:31
Hi Charles,

a DataPower SOA appliance provides an XPath Tool that does exactly what
want.
But I think buying an appliance just for that is not what you want ... ;-)

If you are interested in a tool for the opposite direction (apply xpath)
you may want to have a look here:
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=325019
(this little tool works with DataPower as well as with xsltproc)

Mit besten Gruessen / Best wishes,

Hermann Stamm-Wilbrandt
Developer, XML Compiler, L3
WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Boeblingen

             cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com

             AM
xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
                                                                        cc

             xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mu         [xsl] XPath discovery tool?

              lberrytech.com

I have a number of XML-formatted Excel workbooks from which I wish to
extract data. While the procedure for determining the XPath to any
particular cell's value is not difficult, it is tedious. Does anyone know
of a tool into which I could load the XML file, select an element, and
automatically display the XPath to that element?

--
Charles Knell
cknell(_at_)onebox(_dot_)com - email

--~--